What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and treat the data obtained can be distinguish two types:
- Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through Cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies. another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, being able to be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They use to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session , access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the configuration regional from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store user behavior information obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By deactivating cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
Cookies used in euroestampaciones.com
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified as well as their type and function:
- Session cookies: These cookies are used to personalize the user experience and are deleted each time the user leaves the web.
- Technical cookies: They are those focused on improving the navigation and usability of the site, adapting its design to the different devices and screen sizes as well as improving the performance of the website through the compression, cache and optimization of the resources of the site.
Third party cookies
Analysis cookies: This site uses the “Google Analytics” analysis service to compile statistics on the traffic and volume of visits to this website. By browsing this website you are accepting the use of information about your browsing habits by Google.
These data allow us to better understand our audience and improve the services provided through our website.
_utma: They is used to identify the users who had already connected to your site, which allows us to differentiate between known and new users.
_utmb: This is used to count visits and expires after 30 minutes.
_utmc: This is also used to count visits but this expires when the user closes the browser.
_utmz: This has a life of 6 months and serves to save the source of the visit.
You can expand this information on the Google website.